PDA

View Full Version : Installation of a Brush Guard

lmholmes11
07-29-2008, 11:10
I am installing a brush guard on my truck and it is telling me to mount the guard on the receiver of the two recovery hooks under the bumper. When I un screw the bolt on the bottom, will the two hooks come out? And do i have to replace the bolts with the ones that came with the brush guard? It came with virtually NO directions on how to mount them. Just wondering if there are any tricks to mounting them. I can post pictures to give everyone a better idea of what I am talking about if need be. Thanks

DarylB
07-29-2008, 12:59
There should be 2 or 3 bolts on each tow hook, though I can't remember right now - I had to remove them to install my Warn Brushguard. I think ther'es a crossbolt that runs perpendicular to the frame then a bolt or 2 on the bottom. Who manufactured your guard? You might be able to download instructions from their website.

Johnny Cetane
07-30-2008, 07:01
Some guards allow you to keep them and some don't. I put a Westin on my FIL's '05 and we were able to keep them. IIRC I just had to remove the hooks to get the thing mounted and then the hooks went right back on. Either way I know he still has his hooks.

03silverchevy
11-15-2008, 13:37
Same for WEstin brush guard- had to remove the bolts and while the hooks were out they were rotated to facilitate use. One bolt on the side of the recovery hook where it bolts to the member, one on the top/bottom