PDA

View Full Version : 98 6.5td dual thermostat manifold

joe bleaux
08-01-2008, 21:01
I think that I may have a cracked cross-over manifold. Where is the best place (cheapest) place to buy one?

I will even take a used one.

Welding is an option but I would prefer one completely intact.

Thanks

Joe

76m880
08-02-2008, 07:15
they are getting harder and harder to get,

are the outlet hose sizes diff between the 6.2 and 6.5?

More Power
08-02-2008, 13:06
Welding is an option but I would prefer one completely intact.
Thanks
Joe

Find someone local to you that knows how to TIG weld aluminum. The new price for the dual thermostat crossover is about $100. My guess, you'll be able to get yours welded for less.

Incidentally, I recommend using flat washers under the bolts on the four outer bolt holes, where it bolts to the cylinder heads. Those bolt heads tend to dig into the aluminum while torquing the bolts down, and which then breaks the ear(s) on the housing.

Jim

joe bleaux
08-02-2008, 14:20
Thanks, Jim. That is a very good idea about washers under the bolts. I think that is exactly where mine cracked.

I have a big tig welder but don't have it hooked up at the time (water pump, mains, gas, etc.) I will try to find someone locally.

76, I didn't even know that the 6.2 had dual thermostat manifold.

Thanks

Joe

Find someone local to you that knows how to TIG weld aluminum. The new price for the dual thermostat crossover is about $100. My guess, you'll be able to get yours welded for less.

Incidentally, I recommend using flat washers under the bolts on the four outer bolt holes, where it bolts to the cylinder heads. Those bolt heads tend to dig into the aluminum while torquing the bolts down, and which then breaks the ear(s) on the housing.

Jim

76m880
08-02-2008, 15:37
im taking about the 6.5 dual compared to the 6.2 single crossover