PDA

View Full Version : Pulling codes from 97, and stalling problem

barebackjake
01-18-2004, 17:45
My 97 gmc G3500 savanna cube van is intermittenly stalling, this is my first gm diesel, have had dodge service trucks with cummins- what a piece of crap trucks except for the motor.
only does it intermittenly, seems like it does it more after its been at low rpms then brought back up to higher rpms, will stall a few times then wont do it again the rest of the day, seems like its every other day it does it. always starts reliably cold, hot, anything.
new fuel, oil, and air filter. i havent seen a check engine light or anything like that come on. just kinda nerve racking when it does it on the freeway.

Also how do you re prime the dang fuel filters on theese things??? cummins has a injector pump bypass to do it, had to do it the hard way and bleed the injector lines this time

:confused:

tom.mcinerney
01-18-2004, 22:57
to prime filter put hose over nozzle on plastic thumbscrew on top[after loosen screw]; energize lift pump {possibly by turning ignition to on or start with shifter in drive}....tighten screw after fuel comes out.
Stalling with no codes is classic FSD/PMD indication. Maybe have mechanic (or free at Autozone) pull codes, that's a good place start. Also use 'search' feature to read cures.