PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 fuel pump issue on WVO

Kmehr
08-11-2008, 14:55
I am having veggie fuel pump issues and would like some advice from all you running a 6.5. I cracked my walbro fuel pump (auxillary pump with greasecar kit) that came with my kit before I installed it, so I used the $60 holley diesel micro pump from advanced (I know it was wishful thinking that it would last very long), and it worked well till recently when it started to make the truck stutter a bit going up a hill. ( on veggie oil) The mountains of Colorado finally ate it on my trip last week. So I ordered a Raptor fuel pump from pureflowtechnologies.com, expensive as hell but super heavy duty and has a life time warranty. This this has fully adjustable pressure and flows 100gpm. I installed it and the truck still does not like to go over 2500 rpms or up hills with the pressure turned to the max (at which the truck runs the best), (adjustment screw has 4 turns to it, set at 12-15 psi and i am 3 turns past that). Now the Walbro pump flows 45 gph at 10psi. The guy I bought it from says that greasecar is nuts for using 1/4 PEX line for the fuel pick (1/4 in PEX line inside a coolant hose to keep it heated) up because it is way to small and will collapse under heat. Any thoughts?

Basshopper
08-13-2008, 20:55
How many mile on your VO filter? If you are pushing that much fuel pressure and GPM then you have something plugged most likly your VO filter.