PDA

View Full Version : Mud Tires affecting MPG???

lmholmes11
08-14-2008, 16:40
Hello all, I am looking at a set of Pro Comp tires, MT, and Im curious if deep tread tires have affected anyones millage?

93GMCSierra
08-14-2008, 16:56
Yes they will, for the reason they will be bigger and heavier, but I dont think it will be very much affected, 1-2mpg maybe.

NutNbutGMC
08-14-2008, 17:41
Hello all, I am looking at a set of Pro Comp tires, MT, and Im curious if deep tread tires have affected anyones millage?Yes. Among several factors, there is also a factor of rolling resistance (as is with all tires).

I luVs my Michelins X series radials.

DmaxMaverick
08-14-2008, 18:04
Yes. I ran a set of M/T's between a set of A/T's (the tires in the "truck stuff pics" link in my sig). A solid loss of 2 MPG over the life of the tires, which is considerably less than the A/T's life. The tire size was 285/75/16 for both types. You wanna play, you gonna pay. I like the ProComps for the dunes, but they aren't rated heavy enough for the towing/hauling I do. And, the compound is softer than other similar treads, cutting their life even more. In the end, the M/T tires will likely cost more than twice a comparable A/T (you asked about MPG, so it's obviously a factor for you). I may have a set again in the future, but not for year round use.

TraceF
08-18-2008, 16:14
I ran a set on 285 Mich LTX radials on my 2003 Dmax Crew 4x4 and got 70k miles and they would have gone farther. These were mostly highway miles.