PDA

View Full Version : fuel fill problem

ronsway
08-28-2008, 22:12
I just bought a 2002, 2500HD and am having problems filling he tank. Can't use large commercial nozzle (like the F**D I own) and I have to hold the nozzle at just the right angle for it to fill. Will not work on automatic. We have tried several different stations - and have the same problem at them all. Is there a EASY fix?

DmaxMaverick
08-28-2008, 22:18
Welcome aboard!

No surprise here. Most late model Diesel trucks experience the same problem. I've been "holding the nozzle just right" since 2000. However, Transferflow (http://www.transferflow.com) has a solution to your problem. Unfortunately, they are very proud of it.

DennisG01
08-29-2008, 06:19
Yup, that is normal. I don't have the problem with my '98, but both the 2001 and the 2006 we have at the marina are just like yours.

I've often wondered if one could change the angle of the fill hose from the fill neck to the tank. It seems like it just lays too flat (horizontal) and doesn't allow the fuel to dump into the tank fast enough. I especially noticed this on a friend's dump body - very easy to see the problem there. Or, (thinking as I'm writing this) maybe the vent can be enlarged? I don't know - just some wild thoughts.

leolkfrm
09-09-2008, 17:17
I have the same problem with my 03, when you stick the high flow in it blocks the vent tube for the tank. I've read that it is possible to move the vent higher on the neck but it still requires removal.