PDA

View Full Version : Which Imjector Pump to Use

Corry
08-30-2008, 20:15
I've currently got a DB2829 on a 6.5TD in a Landcruiser, and I've been having problems with it starting hot.
Not all the time, only occasionally. I got to the stage the other day when it wouldn't start again, that I poured water over the injector pump to cool it down and it started like normal.
This is pointing to an injector pump rebuild, but I am wondering if I am better off just getting a new pump for it.
Am I am better off going for a DB2931?
I have heard about another pump for it that has compensators to allow the fuel ratio to match turbo boost.
I am lacking anyone in our local area who knows anything about these engines, so whatever I do I need to be able to do myself at home, not sure if this is possible.
Looking for thoughts on rebuild the current pump, or go for a new one?
I am also chasing someone who I can import a pump into Australia through as well.

Any help appreciated,

Corry

More Power
09-01-2008, 21:13
If you have a 6.5TD, you need a DB2-4911. The "DB2" is the first sequence of characters and the "4911" is the final sequence of characters in the model designation. The middle stuff isn't ordinarily used when identifying a pump here on the board or when speaking to a fuel injection shop.

Send me an email. I can forward it to a member in Australia who is in the 6.5 diesel business. I don't want to post his email address here, cuz I don't know if he wants it available to the web.... :)

Jim