PDA

View Full Version : Runs rough, Injectors?

surfbeetle
09-11-2008, 13:47
So my suburban started running rough at an idle and also when doing 70 on the highway there's a bit of a vibration. I am not sure if the vibration on the highway is drivetrain related or engine related. Either way, I thought that the first thing I would do is to replace the injectors since it idles rough even when in neutral. I have over 170,000 on what I believe to be the original injectors.

Are there any special tools needed for this job? I was looking at Pensacola Diesel's site and they offer nozzle tips and injectors separately. What parts are typically needed for this type of job.
thanks.

JoeX87000031
09-12-2008, 10:36
I went to Autozone and got a 30mm deepwell socket (says axle nut on the side) for less than $20, but I also took the hat and the turbo out for clearance with my socket and torque wrench. They folks on here say that if you get the special injector socket, you dont have to take the turbo out. I bought new Stanadyne injectors and they came whole, all 8 for about $380 up here in Anchorage Alaska. Also for $25 you will need the seal and hose kit, it comes with 2 little end caps and hoses for the fuel return, a hat seal, and I think it had the little copper injector washer/seals in there as well.