PDA

View Full Version : duramax allison standalone?

dins1
09-21-2008, 19:44
is there any new info on anybody making a standalone for the duramax allison. my 68 suburban with a duramax is getting close to wiring time if there is a standalone the project will be be done and on the road a lot sooner.

Plasticfantastic
09-22-2008, 06:27
You might give Banks a call and ask them. I think they use a really high dollar custom Bosch unit on their racing stuff, but they might know of a street unit being developed.
I also have a Dmax project on the back burner (only in planning stages), so post up if you get any leads.

Jeff-

cdndiesel
09-23-2008, 11:26
I recall a couple of issues back in Diesel Power magazine they had an article on a Painless Performance wiring harness for Cummins conversions and at the end of the article it said that Duramax harness's were next to be released. I would contact them to see if the Duramax harness is close to being done or is done.

Plasticfantastic
09-23-2008, 16:40
As of this afternoon, this was the response from Dennis Diehl at Painless ...

Hello Jeff; we have so many projects in operation at the same time we had to put the Duramax harness on the back burner. I don't expect to see it surface until sometime next year. And it is not far enough along for me to know what the coverage will be yet. Thank you for contacting Painless and showing interest in our product. We are proud to help you with any other questions you may need help with. If you need more info, PLEASE, include this email with your reply as it will save time in our response. Questions are not always answered by the same tech and it's hard to get previous emails from the other computers.

Luckily I'm a couple years from needing it anyway.
Jeff-

THEFERMANATOR
02-15-2009, 13:25
I'm considering embarking upon a DURAMAX conversion in my 95 SUB. I have found out the PPE will take a factory harness and wire it to whatever needs you have, you send them a stock harness and they rewire it for you to hook up with as few as 5 wires. PPE's programmer can also make a DURAMAX ECM work as a stand-alone without the BCM or PASSLOCK, and EFILIVE says there newest updates can do this as well.

j250trxr
03-30-2009, 23:00
might want to check banks i belive they have a stand alone for the motor to work with their marine application.