PDA

View Full Version : 5 lbs of manure in a 2 lb bag?

JFerg65
09-22-2008, 17:26
Has anyone successfully located a bypass oil filter and relocated their fuel filter all under the hood? I would like to do both but I'm thinking it is next to impossible.

Robyn
09-22-2008, 20:02
I replaced my filter on the 95 DaHooooley with a nice little Racor unit and mounted it up by the Alternator on a bracket that bolts to the ABS mount.

The oil filter can be moved with the use of some braided lines and a remote mount.

The exact location would depend on the size of the filter.

Ya got to get creative

Robyn

JFerg65
09-23-2008, 03:42
Thanks Robyn, I remember that you put the racor unit in. I think that is the first one to move, and then see what I got left. That will make maintaining the filter much easier as well as being able to get to the stuff under the existing fuel filter.

DennisG01
09-23-2008, 05:26
I installed a remote oil filter, but not under the hood - although there is room on the driver's side to make it work. I simply wanted to be able to change my oil without the oil dripping all over my arm so I only mounted a single filter. I mounted it pretty much directly under where my feet are when sitting in the driver's seat. There's some pic's in my garage.

If you do a search, you should come up with some good threads from a few years ago as I asked very similar questions and it was recommended to me to mount the filter where I have it.