PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag Question

SlimWallet
09-28-2008, 07:50
Gents,

Have a 2008 DMAX, LB CC.......... One fella who seems more knowledgeable than I says that air bags are better than helper...Super Springs.... because you can adjust the air bags to give the truck a "softer" ride when empty.....claims that air bags can soften the ride whenever you want to adjust them that way.

He also states than when under load, the Super Springs work just as well as the air bags...

Any experience or comment?

Thanks,

Slim

More Power
10-02-2008, 13:13
I like airbags for heavy load situations, while hauling loads in the bed or when towing gooseneck/5th wheel trailers. Your friend is correct in that the ride quality of the truck won't change if you air the bags down when not hauling.

As a side note, airbags are not a good idea for those people who tow receiver hitch trailers with very high tongue weights. The airbags put the lever point on the frame right over the axle - many feet ahead of the receiver hitch ball. While I haven't heard of any frame problems in the 2001 or newer HD trucks as a result of airbags, I do know frame damage has occurred on other trucks.

Jim

BigBlockTank
08-04-2009, 21:02
If you add helper springs, you have helper springs all the time. If you add air bags, you have air bags whenever you "crank" them up. Simple