PDA

View Full Version : GMTD Scan tech

Warren96
09-30-2008, 07:51
Under status flags, IOD port A, Am I allowed to change these settings or is this just showing me what the computer is up to? I would like to switch on the 'EGR vent enable' for testing.

SwedeBurb
10-02-2008, 00:46
No changes... It's just showing you what the computer is up to.

/Stefan

Warren96
10-03-2008, 08:52
Thanks for getting back to me on that. The scan tech is very nice to use, but it takes a little getting used to. I read somewhere that the GM tech 1 system can enable that function, I was hoping to simplify troubleshooting. I have already sprang for a new vacum pump and hoses, one of these solenoids must be leaking............

SwedeBurb
10-07-2008, 07:07
Hmm, interesting. When developing the software I used my VIN F Suburban. I'll give it try... sift through the service manual and figure out how to access any EGR bi-di stuff.

/Stefan

SwedeBurb
10-18-2008, 04:26
I've found two EGR commands. Just give me a little more time and I'll include them in GMTDScan Tech... I'll send you a version for testing before I release it to the public if that's OK with you?

/Stefan

Warren96
10-20-2008, 07:08
Wow, Thanks for that feedback. That would be fabulous!

ol9465er
10-25-2008, 15:28
I am just waiting for my GMTD Scan Tech to be sent as I just changed by IP and need to time the TDC Offset, but I have a quesion regards torque lockup speed. Can you use GMTD Scan to set the speed and is there anything wrong with setting it to say 90 Km.

SwedeBurb
10-26-2008, 00:37
Nothing can be permanently changed with GMTDScan, it's a diagnostic tool. While you have GMTDScan connected you can lock your TCC whenever you want for as long as you want... you have complete manual control over the tranny. The instant you close the transmission control view everything goes back to normal. Nothing can be changed over the DLC in the OBD1 trucks. Any permanent changes has to be burnt to a new chip. I can help you with that too if you want... burn you a custom chip to meet any of your requirements.

/Stefan

SwedeBurb
11-04-2008, 00:55
Wow, Thanks for that feedback. That would be fabulous!
I never got a response to my PM about where to send the beta... nevermind, it's out now... http://www.enghmotors.com