PDA

View Full Version : Dtc 18

Lug
09-30-2008, 10:38
1994 K2500 Suburban 6.5 td with 263,000 miles. Injector pump and injectors by previous owner, not sure the miles but would guess around 70,000-80,000 miles ago. The last couple of weeks the old gal has developed a starting problem. When the engine is cold it will start and run. If you have it up to temp and let it set for a while it will not start until it has cooled all the way down. It cranks strong and will fire hard enough to kick the bendix out but it will not run. Changed the filter because I thought it might be plugged (fuel cap went m.i.a. and some kid decided that hole needed filled with dirt), but that didn't fix the problem. Will this code cause a start problem? Is the optical/fuel temp sensor field replaceable?
Justin

Lug
10-01-2008, 23:13
Finally strung enough search terms together and found my answers. A pet peeve of mine with the search feature on this site and other similar forums is that it will not search for something that is less then two characters. Would have made the search a lot easier.
Justin

More Power
10-02-2008, 12:34
There's a new article in the subscriber section (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm#features) that descibes DTC-18 and other related trouble codes. :)

Jim

JohnC
10-02-2008, 14:42
A pet peeve of mine with the search feature on this site and other similar forums is that it will not search for something that is less then two characters.

The only thing less than 2 characters is 1 character. Unless it happens to be a character that's hardly ever used, you'll get so many matches it'll be worthless.

Lug
10-04-2008, 09:57
Misspoke. It should have been less than 3. Another forum I have searched on the search had to have 4 characters or more. Had to be creative to find what I wanted. Tried the cold water trick on the i.p. and that didn't help. Removed the optical fuel temp sensor noise filter and still no help.
Justin