PDA

View Full Version : Should I send home some late model LS engines?

Lonesome7.3
10-01-2008, 02:07
Okay upfront, I know very little about Chevy’s and even less about late model ones. However, I do know that LS engines are highly sought after. I have available to me several out of some 2005 2500 and 3500 HD’s. The automatic transmissions and T cases are also intact and still bolted to the engines. I have everything I need to pull them, palletize them and send them home. The only bad part is the shipping through DNL or FedEx. But other than that, there would be no cost to me. Now I ask, is it really worth it? I would need wiring harnesses and all kinds of other parts and details to make these engines work. Plus, I do not know what if anything is wrong with them. They are currently sitting in blown up and destroyed trucks. Some engines are complete and some are missing accessories and water pumps. I will take my camera with me next time and get some photographs so you all have a better idea. Well, what do you all think?

Oh, and by the way. I will be shipping them from Iraq.

Wouter
10-01-2008, 11:05
However, I do know that LS engines are highly sought after. I have available to me several out of some 2005 2500 and 3500 HD’s. The automatic transmissions and T cases are also intact Well, what do you all think?

Oh, and by the way. I will be shipping them from Iraq.

Hi Lonesome7.3

These engines are interesting, you like to send them home, can you tell me what is home for these engines;are they military engines?

Are they from USA? thats far away for shipping from Iraq and expensive over sea, I think. They are heavy.....
I'am from Europe, and here are a lot of these Chevy's.
Maybe better place, selling them near by:rolleyes:?

Greeting

Lonesome7.3
10-01-2008, 21:05
Yes, if I send thome home it will be to the U.S. Ther are out of regualr cilivilan Chevy's. The Iraqi Police uses them and they do not have a long life span.

DmaxMaverick
10-01-2008, 21:33
Very tempting. But, probably cost prohibitive. Those engines are used for a lot more than just pickups. Many in boats and stationaries. Check Ebay, etc, to see what they are going for, compared to your shipping cost.

Lonesome7.3
10-01-2008, 21:50
I have been looking around and it would seem that after buying whatever is missing and paying for shipping it would be cheaper to drop a grand or two on one that is ready to go. Unless I can get one hell of a deal on shipping, I am not going to worry wbout it.

However, should I locate a Dmax I may think a little differintly.

DmaxMaverick
10-01-2008, 22:14
I have been looking around and it would seem that after buying whatever is missing and paying for shipping it would be cheaper to drop a grand or two on one that is ready to go. Unless I can get one hell of a deal on shipping, I am not going to worry wbout it.

However, should I locate a Dmax I may think a little differintly.

No doubt! I'd like to have 3 or 4 stashed around here. They would be worth shipping if they aren't ventilated.

Lonesome7.3
10-01-2008, 23:15
Up until now all the late model Chevy 3/4 and ton's that I have seen over here have had Dmax's in them. When I saw these trucks still had thier engines that is the first thing I thought. I sure was disapointed to see spark plug wires.