PDA

View Full Version : PSD Cooler installation

vernj4
10-19-2003, 20:20
Looking forward to installing the PSD Cooler.
would like to hear from others who have installed the cooler. Looking for a procedure to follow...no use re-inventing the wheel!

HowieE
10-20-2003, 04:58
There is not much of a procedure to installing the FSD cooler if you follow the instructions and are using a new FSD module. The key point is to have a skinny hand to remove the cable from the old FSD that most abandon in place on the pump.

Looks like the thing to do is use a John K extention cable and mount the cooler out of the engine compartment for better cooling. I mention this as it looks like I am now on my second FSD failure it was mounted on a cooler on the ait intake.

ucdavis
10-20-2003, 14:35
use a hook on end of coat hanger to grab fsd connector on pmd, then unclip it & fish it out from below the intake manifold. The rest is just plug & bolt-on.
Ditto on the remote location. You'll probably run 170 degrees on the fsd on the manifold, maybe higher at engine shut-off & heat soak; about 130 degrees mounted in front of the radiator bulkhead & out of the radiator airflow stream.

patrick m.
10-20-2003, 16:00
dont forget to install the new "resistor" that comes with the kit, i think the kit will contain two different resistors a #5 and #9. #9 being slightly more fuel.
just as everyone has said, "plug and play"

dslpwr
10-20-2003, 16:21
I have Bill heath fsd on my truck.
I mounted it under the truck where it is cooler.
It a nice set up.