PDA

View Full Version : DTC 62 - Turbo Boost Sensor Circuit Low

Brimmy
10-05-2008, 14:12
I need help to get this cured. It is driving me nuts. Code sets about every time I drive truck. It is intermediate though. While driving, SES light comes on & stays on; during that time turbo shuts off & off course I have no power & a dog of a truck. Lasts anywhere from 2 - 5 minutes; ses then goes off & I have turbo back as if nothing is wrong. I am starting to pull hairs outta my head. Turbo solenoid replaced; doesn't seem like tat was the prob. Where do I go from here ??? clogged cat maybe ???

Robyn
10-05-2008, 15:45
Have you checked the vacuum pump to be sure you are getting good vacuum from the pump to the solenoid?? 26" HG at the pump

The other very probable cause is the little flat black boost sensor on top of the air plenum is bad.
This sensor tells the computer whats going on with the manifold pressure.
There are easy to replace and are held on with two (2) screws.
If this sensor starts reading outside of the parameters set into the software the thing will "defuel" and do just what you are seeing.

If this still plagues you I would be thinking about a Turbo Master and a recalibrated chip in the puter.
Gets rid of all the annoying mess of the vacuum controls

Best

Robyn

JohnC
10-07-2008, 09:41
DTC 62 points more to a wiring or sensor issue. It means the manifold pressure reading was outside the normal range.

chris_maxwell
08-11-2009, 06:34
What sensor/sensors does it point to?

hockeyGTP
08-11-2009, 14:07
Had that in my old truck put a turbo master and reprogrammed pcm in and it cured it. It always happened when it was hot.