PDA

View Full Version : PMD and coolant hose

Kmehr
10-10-2008, 16:30
So I have been experiencing the occasional stall in my truck running on diesel, and well as the occasional miss. No smoke or anything and starts right back up after a stall really easy. Got a P0251 code 3 weeks ago but has run fine ever since, except for the stalls, which occur under light acceleration. Other than those, the truck pulls like a beast. I have a WVO kit in it and one of the heater hoses is laying on the fins of my PMD cooler, Problem? IP going?

JohnC
10-14-2008, 09:26
Sounds like a problem getting fuel to the injection pump. When was the last time the filter was changed? Has the lift pump bbeen tested?

Kmehr
10-14-2008, 15:21
Have never changed filter, that is now on my list of things to replace. I remember checking the lift pump when i installed the greasecar kit, but I don't remeber how that was, seems like the PCM would only let it run for a few seconds, how could I test it?

JohnC
10-15-2008, 10:46
Have never changed filter,

Do to now!

I remember checking the lift pump when i installed the greasecar kit, but I don't remeber how that was, seems like the PCM would only let it run for a few seconds, how could I test it?

Open the fuel filter bleeder while the engine is runnng. If fuel comes out, the pump is working. If it does not, and the engine stalls, it is not working...

(Hint: you will need it to bleed your new fuel filter...)

Kmehr
10-15-2008, 10:51
going to get a new filter after class this afternoon and see how she runs....

rhsub
10-15-2008, 23:05
Remove fuel pump relay (in fuse box on drivers side inner fender) when standing at drivers side front wheel connect terminal at 2 o'clock to terminal at 7 o'clock this will power up the lift pump
Good luck
Ron

Kmehr
11-07-2008, 14:32
Replaced filter, old one was black! and drove about 1100 miles last week without a stutter. Seems to have fixed the problem. Still feels a little bit under powered, I don't know if the injectors have ever been replaced, is there a way to test them? truck has 143k on it now.