PDA

View Full Version : dead in the middle of the road.

minerjoe
10-14-2008, 09:11
hello everyone, i to have a fuel problem. i have a 1997, 6.5.it all started way back when. on the odd time, my engine would die while driving. it has been getting worse all the time. a few times sitting in the drive way, it would loose a great amount of fuel onto the ground. i could not see were it was comming from. then it would just stop. now it keeps dieing and it's bucking while driving. i replaced the oil thingy and the in line fuel pump. it worked great for about a week, now its starting all over agine. i try to do all my own work on my trucks. but this is my first diesel and i do not know much about diesels...please help. thank you; george.

minerjoe
10-15-2008, 07:40
hello everyone, its me agine , sorry for posting this agine. i should have read MEMBERS READ FIRST... sorry agine ,,,george.

minerjoe
10-15-2008, 16:25
hi guys; well a lot of reading later and i think i fixed it. i took the truck apart. wen i got down to be able to see the filter and injection pump. it was all wet/damp with fuel. well it seems that the hoses from the filter to the injection pump were loose as hell. i put on 3 new hose clamps. then i put the truck back togather and took it for 2 test drives.it seems that i may have fixed it. so far so good. the truck even sounded different, quiter. i'll let u know more after a few days, to see how its working.

thank you all.
george

JFerg65
10-15-2008, 16:58
Congrats on your first trouble shoot and apparent fix!! You will find as I have that the archived info as well as the brain trust of knowledge available will get you out of just about any jam you find yourself in.