PDA

View Full Version : My Jeep ZJ hitting the mud pit

arveetek
10-14-2008, 18:35
It's not diesel related, but it's still a cool pic.

A professional photographer snapped a pic of me hitting the mud pit in my Jeep at a local off-road park this past weekend:

http://server1.successhosting.net/~mclarkph/details.php?gid=63&pid=365

Now I've just got to get it all cleaned up! :eek:

Casey

ercaduceus
10-14-2008, 23:50
Cool pic. Looks like a lot of fun.

Mark Rinker
10-15-2008, 06:15
You'll be finding that mud in places you never expected, for the life of the truck... :) Like in the recesses of the bumper and wheel wells, and under the batteries when you replace them, etc, etc...

My first offroad truck was a shiny new 1983 S10 4WD. Very light and nimble, I learned to eventually go anywhere there were tracks from a previous adventurer, and this was in Arizona. Nearly wore a hole in the factory skidplates sliding that truck up and down mountain roads made by Caterpillars to put up high tension electrical towers out across the desert. We'd strap a come-along to the front hooks and pull it up the stuff the truck wouldn't climb. I used to have a picture somewhere with it off the ground, and about 2' of air under all four wheels...may it rest in peices...the truck was fairly well thrashed when I sold it at 80K to a stripper from the Alaskan Bush Company...:eek: Another story for another day...