PDA

View Full Version : Alinement issues on 05 DMAX crew cab

jeep haller
10-19-2008, 07:03
I notice both front tires starting to cup on the inside one day with only 70K miles on the truck and had a mechanic look it over and he told me that the steering idler arms were warn out, he showed me how with the wheels off the ground you could shake the tires back and forth left to right. So I had them replaced and rotated the tires, within 4K miles they we cupping the new tires again and I could feel that the truck was pulling to the right after the steering idler arms were replaced. I took it to an alinement shop and they told me it was all within speck. So here I am wearing out tires and the truck pulling to the right and not sure where to take it next. Any ideas?

JoeyD
10-19-2008, 17:05
Something is worn out or the alignment is off. Maybe a unit bearing, or tie rod assembly?

jeep haller
10-22-2008, 13:51
That is what I was thinking but the alinement shop said everything was ok. Should I take it to a better shop or the dealer?

hapaschold
11-08-2008, 10:52
isnt cupping caused by bad shocks ? my 2006 3500 dmax is rounding 30 k miles and i m starting to feel more and more bounce and little extra wear on tires. i may take to dealer to see if they lll replace front shocks under warranty..

i had felt some looseness early on, and dealer replaced some steering box parts and that fixed the problem.