PDA

View Full Version : Next Step?

JoeX87000031
10-21-2008, 04:13
I have been trying to get a 1994 K3500 F vin to run properly. I have changed several parts, and ohmed several circuits. The problem is this, runs rough with excessive white smoke. Smoke smells like unburnt diesel. No codes, except all cylinder misbalance codes except # 8, but it only did that after I started it after doing fuel system repair. Air in the lines maybe, cleared those and they never came back. On the status flag page of GMTDTech scan stepper motor inhibit is checked. Reads .7 lbs of boost all the time, even when the truck isn't running(viewed on dashboard page of GMTDscantech.) Here is what I have done;

Replaced PMD, Stepper Motor, ECM, Injectors, Crank Position Sensor, Battery Cables, Boost Controller, Right Rear Head Grounds, MAP/Boost Pressure Sensor.

Ohmed lines to stepper, checked grounds, TDCO relearn (-1.37) Nothing has fixed it. Its almost gotten to the point of just asking whats left? Injector Pump (5068) and the ECM chip. I called the dealer, verified the IP and the chip are matched.

I would like to know what some of your ideas are on the next step. I am figuring it could only be a few more things, IP, Chip, the wrong IP and Chip installed in this truck, or compression. Please let me know what you think. Take care everyone.

More Power
10-21-2008, 10:37
Compression test?