PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 Regency Conversion

Duramaster
10-23-2008, 10:05
Do any of you out there own either a C-4500 or C-5500 4X4 Regency (pronounced CRAPENCY) conversion with air suspension??? :confused: If so, how is that drivetrain vibration treating you? :p :mad: :p :mad:

Mark Rinker
10-24-2008, 06:02
There are definately some major vibrations in my C4500, but I guess this farm boy expects some of that with heavy trucks. Would balancing the driveshaft help?

Also, the OEM shocks are undersized for the trucks load carrying capacity and should be replaced, to avoid having ride AND vibration problems... :)

Duramaster
10-24-2008, 06:18
Yeah but does your 4500 have air suspension? This truck has air ride with auto leveling. It has the ability to dump the air to lower the truck in the rear for ease of hook up to a goose kneck??? Anyway, the ride is terrible!!! The driveline angles are no where close. THe truck has three problems. 1) 4X4 tires cause a heck of alot of noise at 62 - 63 miles an hour, 2) the working angle of the rear driveline causes noise at highway speed, 3) there is a resonance in the cab which is inherent to the enbine and the engineer said that is the nature of the beast. I don't know if yours is a Regency conversion or not, but if they don't screw up the drivetrain then they manage to screw up all the aftermarket add ons that they install. STAY AWAY! If you find a regency for a good deal................. RUN AWAY!!! You will do youself and your local dealer a huge favor by not buying a REGENCY C-4500/ 5500 4X4 conversion!!! :D