PDA

View Full Version : still having tranny problems

DIESEL5
10-27-2008, 14:47
replaced tps sensor on the 93' 6.5 i think i set it correctly and still shifts hard 1 to2 and no overdrive what baffles me is it worked perfectly fine before i did the head job the truck sat for about 6 months so i am wondering if i should go ahead and replace the tranny fluid and filter? any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

More Power
10-27-2008, 14:59
There are a few threads here that discuss how to test the operation of the TPS. I'd suggest doing that first..... :)

Jim

DIESEL5
10-27-2008, 15:07
Ya i went through all that with the meter on it and i am in the .5 to 4.5 range on the volt meter the only thing i didn t do was use the gauge block while setting the tps cause i didn t have one available do you think the gauge block would make the difference

DIESEL5
10-30-2008, 01:47
Finally, i got the tranny problems straightened out. That infamous tps sensor was driving me nuts i guess i was having a hard time believing that a sensor would cause so much havoc. Thanks for all the input and help this problem caused me to join the diesel page and i am glad i did a lot of my questions were answered and i look forward to being able to play with my diesel trucks and knowing that there is a great knowledge base right here at my finger tips should i need it. Thanks again!!