PDA

View Full Version : another air box question

JFerg65
10-29-2008, 16:06
Well I have a line on a 97+ high capacity airbox. I want to swap out the one in my 96 2500 suburban "F" engine.

Here is the question... Someone said this box can fit but will rub against the coolant tank. I have sent him a PM and await his answer. So in the mean time I thought I would ask the rest of you all if you have seen the high capacity airbox installed in a pre 97 and if it can be put in safely as to not wear a hole in my coolant tank.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jeff

HH
10-29-2008, 18:19
Mine does not rub, but mine is a 93, not sure if the bottles are the same.

sturgeon-phish
11-01-2008, 11:23
Putting the 97 in a 96 is a drop in. The time getting the filter to seal on the plate filter in the 96 takes longer.
Jim

GMC Hauler
11-02-2008, 17:04
Well I have a line on a 97+ high capacity airbox. I want to swap out the one in my 96 2500 suburban "F" engine.

Here is the question... Someone said this box can fit but will rub against the coolant tank. I have sent him a PM and await his answer. So in the mean time I thought I would ask the rest of you all if you have seen the high capacity airbox installed in a pre 97 and if it can be put in safely as to not wear a hole in my coolant tank.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jeff
I put the 97 airbox in my 96 F engine with no rubbing or interference problems...