PDA

View Full Version : stalling again????

yngve styve
01-20-2004, 14:03
Hello you all from frozzzen Norway.I have an 96 Suburban 6,5td.I wonder how many reasons there could be without codes that my car stalls.Starts and can work whole day,suddenly stalls.Often it restarts immidietly.Other times i have to wait a little.Then it restarts and works the rest of the day.Seems to be a little worse when it has rained.Changed filters an checked grounds.My mechanical has found codes that won`t delete on pedal.Could it be as easy as changing pedal? It never stalls down to idle.Another thing, when it stalls it`s almost always on low rpm.Please dont bother my poor english.I just love american cars and take really care of them ,like many others here in Norway.Many thanks for answers.Yngve

gmctd
01-20-2004, 16:56
Greetings, yngve, and welcome.

I remember a treat, from your part of the world, I think - Frusen Glaje? Good stuff.

You may have already started the solution to your APP Module codes by checking and cleaning the grounds.
Electronic connections suffer most from cold and wet conditions.
I would suggest you continue by disconnecting\reconnecting each plug connector, starting with the APP Module, (the pedal).
Continue thru to the connectors in the engine bay, checking for oxidation\corrosion, etc.
This will 'burnish' the contacts, restoring connection.

Do a "SEARCH" on stalling, FSD, PMD, and such for further information.

ucdavis
01-20-2004, 17:14
For stalling, also refer to:
http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/tt99-9.htm
Welcome aboard.

yngve styve
01-21-2004, 10:12
Thank you very much for your advice.I`ll try this first.I just have to wait for a little warmer weather.Right now it`s 5 degres fahrenheit, -15 celsius.I let you know later.Thank you again. Yngve