PDA

View Full Version : low oil pressure idiot light

hogfish
11-01-2008, 18:23
Iv been on b100 for a year now and 50/50 befor that without any problems. I switched to amsoil 5-40 w/a remote filter - ran fine for 8K then the LOP light went off. changed oil but 1 month later LOP light was back on. So I drained the bio, took off the 5"turbo back, reset to stock, ran 4 tanks of dino and took it to the stealership. They said that 5-40 was not good enough so I changed back from synth to 15-40 > no light Now 5 weeks later LOP light is back. The other thing the stealership said was that I cant run b100 acording to GM, and gave me a bulletin saying so, of course I said "whats b100?" The bulliten said there would be too much blow-by and would thin out the oil. Too much blow-by, with 30K I DONT THINK SO. If Ive got that much blow-by then this engine is a piece of........!! Both samples of oil sent to amsoil came back low viscosity but with -0- fuel in the oil

anyway
thoughts?

If fuel is getting into the oil & thinning it then the level would have to rise.

And if it is how did it getting in there cause I dont buy the blow-by crap?

Could it be the idiot light sensor? but not with fresh oil

What was the "tell" that gave the stealership the idea that I was running bio?

By the way the guage never seems to drop below 25 lbs?.

Thanks for listening

More Power
11-03-2008, 13:17
If fuel is getting into the oil & thinning it then the level would have to rise.

And if it is how did it getting in there cause I dont buy the blow-by crap?

Could it be the idiot light sensor? but not with fresh oil

What was the "tell" that gave the stealership the idea that I was running bio?

By the way the guage never seems to drop below 25 lbs?.

Thanks for listening

An engine oil analysis will tell you whether the oil is being diluted.

I haven't heard anything about blow-by causing oil oil dilution. You'd have to be seeing more white smoke (unburnt fuel) to be getting any of the bio past the rings.

The dealership probably smelled the exhaust. Bio smells like bio..... ;)

Is it the low oil level warning or low oil pressure warning?

Jim