PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure gauge 03 Duramax

Arnie
11-03-2008, 03:47
My oil pressure gauge stopped working in my 03 Duramax, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.....:confused:

Kennedy
11-03-2008, 07:02
Generally the dash cluster is to blame. Florida Speedometer repairs them or offers the parts for DIY repair. Haven't heard much about them, but I believe they are doing a lot of business and with no major negative feedback they must be doing it right.

Duramaster
11-03-2008, 07:22
Check with your GM Dealer. There has been a letter sent out about IPC gauge failures. We have been doing alot of replacements lately because of a special policy letter sent out to owners. I don't recall the exact years or the maximum allowable mileage. It's worth a shot though for a free IPC repair. :)

Kennedy
11-03-2008, 12:02
I think I got a letter for my 05 talking about either a Class Action suit, or special policy bulletin. Haven't had cluster problems myself, but plenty of others have.

tufcj
11-03-2008, 14:30
The cluster warranty was extended to 7yrs/70k miles. I think for 03/04 and maybe 05 trucks.

Bob
tufcj

Arnie
11-03-2008, 17:03
Thanks for all the advise!!! I have about 115,000 miles on the truck, I'll bet the dealer isnt going to cover that with all the miles. I'll give that place in Florida a call that John recommended and see what they have to say. Maybe its worth just taking the dash cluster out and taking a look myself, not sure what I will be looking for, a loose wire or something like that. I know I can get to the cluster fairly easy but is this an hour job or a day long job to get the cluster out? :confused: