PDA

View Full Version : Lb7 Egr Ses

kaylabryn
11-13-2008, 22:52
I have an 02 LB7 with EGR and Cat. I have replaced the front pipe with one that does not have a Cat, and have disconnected the EGR and plugged the vacuum hose. I have the SES light illuminated and I am wondering am I at a reduced power with the SES light on? Or is it just a light. If I am running at reduced power what is the best method of getting rid of this other than custom Tune (that is coming when finances dictate). I do not like the idea of dumping soot back into the engine. If it is just a light I will not worry about it.

Thanks Mike

More Power
11-14-2008, 12:25
Kennedy should know... Jim

kaylabryn
11-16-2008, 21:00
Well did some testing today with a Snap-on scanner. I had both P0401 & P0101 codes, it appears that at an idle (coasting to a stop off of the freeway) my MAF signal is going too high 41 grams of air or something like that. Well I had to change a leaky powersteering line which goes to the steering box. Just a note, save yourself the trouble and replace both at the same time. In order to get both lines off to get the one out I had to remove the intercooler tube on the driverside, only to find a nice big hole worn in the tube by the powersteering line.

So question would be will a big boost leak affect MAF readings?

I hope this helps my off the line turbo lag. Ha Ha

Mike

Kennedy
11-17-2008, 08:32
Yes it sure could. This may well cure the issues, but you will still have the CA emissions crap to deal with. Even though you are not in CA it's stil not legal to tamper with the emissions, BUT if one were to desire to do so it could be done and they do run MUCH better with less headaches...

kaylabryn
11-17-2008, 12:00
Thanks John I am hoping so. The next thing on my list is new brains for my truck. I am off to find someone to TIG up my pipe, sure wish I had a TIG at home.

Mike