PDA

View Full Version : Howes Additive

gwaidman
01-20-2004, 19:59
I usally run the Howes Diesel additive in every tank. I ran out and was forced to fill my tank without any additives. Truck seems to run better, and mileage has gone up 5 - 7%. What is the deal?
Anyone else have similiar stories or info on the Howes brand of products?

bobt
01-20-2004, 21:44
Hi. I run Howes and like it. I don't know if it has helped my mileage any; but it hasn't hurt it.
Howes was recommended to me by a long haul trucker.
Bob

marktara
01-20-2004, 21:54
I run Howes in every tank and haven't had any problems with it.

Barry Nave
01-21-2004, 00:13
Adding to much to the fuel :confused:

moondoggie
01-21-2004, 09:49
Good Day!

How much data did you take to determine you

gwaidman
01-22-2004, 20:33
Thanks for the responses. I like the Howes product, its fairly cheap and available around here. I may be adding too much at each fill-up. That seams to make the most sense to me.
For the record, my data aquisition is pretty good. I drive the same 112KM a day, buy fuel at the same vendor, and keep an accurate milage log. I've had 3 tanks without the Howes and my mileage has improved as I said before on those 3 tanks. Next week I will add the Howes, but a lesser amount and see what happens.

Thanks for the input!

kowsoc
01-23-2004, 00:37
I have also tried it but have found other products that work better. PowerService is one of them...and it's cheaper to run than the Howes and it improves fuel economy...I see between 5 and 8%. It also makes the truck start better and produces less diesel knock, especially on a cold start. Power is also better. Try Powerservice in the grey bottle for the highest cetane. The truck just simply runs better and the fuel savings pay for the additive!

moondoggie
01-23-2004, 03:59
Good Day!

gwaidman: I greatly appreciate your not taking offense at what I wrote previously, none was intended fer sher. smile.gif In fact, your data acq explanation is nice, but unnecessary. I think you (& lots of the rest of us too) on the Page probably know about what I wrote about, but I

gwaidman
01-23-2004, 12:22
Moondoggie: No worries! We should all be grateful we have this wonderfull resource at our fingertips. Its a great tool and like you said, allows us to run trucks we otherwise could not afford. I will keep posting data as I experiment with Howes and other additives.

Barry Nave
01-23-2004, 20:33
I'll 2nd 222222222222222222222 that! ;)
6 Years ago I found a great looking truck and it was a diesel. The first. Sure glad I found the DP. :D I would of park it on the RR track at first :mad: NOW I LOVE IT :D