PDA

View Full Version : PMD/FSD GM recall.........should be.

Marty Lau
10-21-2003, 09:06
Hey boys and girls lets stir the pot to get GM to fix our PMD/FSD problems. The failures of our PMD is a HUGE SAFTEY issue that we all have sit by and let GM get way with their poor design, yeah they fix it up 120,000 miles but when your or my truck dies in trafic of towing a load because of this poor design an inccedent with an adverse outcome could happen. ALL of us that have had a PMD fail should call the DOT hot line for auto saftey complaints. 1-888-327-4236 if upon investigation the DOT finds these failures are caused by a "trend" they can force GM to fix them regardless of miles. Also they can make them come up with a good fix not just PMD replacements. Come folks lets get this done!

MarilynF
10-21-2003, 10:04
I agree, this is a very serious safety issue. A few times I was stuck in the middle of the street with a dead truck and it is too heavy to push out of the way and not always a good place to get out of the way, but it would finally start and I could finally get where I was going. Most of the time I was able to pull onto the shoulder of the road or into a parking lot; sometimes several times before I got where I was going and by the time I got there I was pretty frustrated. I live in a small town, but accidents do happen here too, and I need reliablilty and safety when taking my 6 year old daughter to school or anywhere else.