PDA

View Full Version : Injectorr pump

smcghan
11-29-2008, 00:31
I have seen a few times the better pump to buy. But with out spending alot of time I don't have can someone tell me what # I need to order to replace mine? I have a 82 C, but I put rings, rebuilt the injectors, and will use a J intake. I picked up a used 82 C with a complete Banks turbo with intake and exhaust. I will install the turbo later as I need to send it somewhere to get checked out. The impellers seem to have a little damage, I'm not willing to take a chance on it not being right.
Any way if someone knows I would appreciate it.

Steven

RandyL
11-29-2008, 12:49
I have seen a few times the better pump to buy. But with out spending alot of time I don't have can someone tell me what # I need to order to replace mine? I have a 82 C, but I put rings, rebuilt the injectors, and will use a J intake. I picked up a used 82 C with a complete Banks turbo with intake and exhaust. I will install the turbo later as I need to send it somewhere to get checked out. The impellers seem to have a little damage, I'm not willing to take a chance on it not being right.
Any way if someone knows I would appreciate it.

Steven
check the main webs for cracking before installing turbo,my banks worked great for 15,000 miles then completely cracked the webs spewing oil out the rear main and dropping my oil pressure to about 5 psi.its tough to find a good block.P.S. I didn't beat on the truck either.I then bought a used 82 without the turbo and checked the webs before installing it,the webs on it have small cracks so I didn't put the turbo on it and it's holding out fine 55,000 miles later.