PDA

View Full Version : Winter cover question...

Shed
12-01-2008, 07:16
Hello all. Got a question about my new winter cover. The old one was shredded last year by a big rock, along with the grille and headlight.

I purchased a new one from the dealer, could'nt find a used or after market I liked. The new one is different from my old one. It has "tabs" along the sides and bottom and I can't figure out where these attatch to? Any ideas? The top fit into the fan shroud plastic tabs and are secured there. So it essentially just hanging there over the grille.

Dumb question I know, and I apologize, any help before I "come up with something on my own" would be appriciated!

Shed

Willcoc
12-01-2008, 10:08
On my cover, the top snaps and the sides and bottom have bend tabs. Seems like metal covered with fabric and attached to the cover. Snapped the top in place and then pulled the sides and bottom tight and bent over the tabs around the side / bottom of the grill. I keep the cover in the house so it is easier to go on when it is cold outside. After I first formed them, then unhooked the top and dropped it off the sides and bottom to remove.

More Power
12-08-2008, 11:35
Like Will mentioned, the felt covered tabs are meant to be bent into hooks that grip the edges of the grille. :)

Jim

afp2007
12-08-2008, 22:40
Hi:

We installed a stainless steel winter front on our '07, and it may appear that the outside temperature gauge is displaying inaccurate temperatures (too warm). I am assuming the winter front has interfered with the air flow for the sensor for outside temperature?

jbplock
12-09-2008, 03:21
I have a SS cover on my 03 and also notice the temp reads high at slow speeds .. at highway speeds it seems normal .. There is tech tip article at Kennedy Diesel that shows how to relocate the sensor (reminds me I need to make this mod too)

Outside Air Temp Sensor Relocation (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/Outside%20air%20temp%20sender%20relocation.html)

:)

afp2007
12-09-2008, 19:06
There is tech tip article at Kennedy Diesel that shows how to relocate the sensor (reminds me I need to make this mod too)

:)

Thanks so much!

NutNbutGMC
12-09-2008, 19:46
Hello all. Got a question about my new winter cover. The old one was shredded last year by a big rock, along with the grille and headlight.

I purchased a new one from the dealer, could'nt find a used or after market I liked. The new one is different from my old one. It has "tabs" along the sides and bottom and I can't figure out where these attatch to? Any ideas? The top fit into the fan shroud plastic tabs and are secured there. So it essentially just hanging there over the grille.

Dumb question I know, and I apologize, any help before I "come up with something on my own" would be appriciated!

ShedIf you can take yours back to the dealer for a refund, I'll send you a left over (never used) from my 01 model. Shipping is all I ask for it. I think I can still put my finger on it right off.

Shed
12-10-2008, 11:27
NutnbutGMC, I appriciate the offer, but it's already on and of course pretty dirty! Ended up in a small mud hole already. But thank you very much for the offer, maybe someone else around here can use it. Thanks to all for your insight! Shed