PDA

View Full Version : New Duramax Member

NeilLB7
12-01-2008, 13:04
Hello from Indiana! New member here. But not new to diesels or diesel pickups. I recently purchased my "new-to-me" 2002 HD2500 Duramax Chevrolet and wanted to join up for the wealth of information this site seems to have available.

In diesels, I own a 1991 Dodge Ram D250 Cummins B5.9 pickup and a 2000 Dixie Chopper XXWD Yanmar Diesel 72" mower. I previously owned a 99 Dodge 2500 ISB Cummins truck prior to the LB7 Silverado. Good trucks mostly. However I wanted to try the Duramax for a few years. I really like the truck so far. It was a 1 owner and is super clean. It had all the service documents from the Chevy dealer...so I know its history.

I have fun maintaining the diesels at my volunteer fire department. Those engines include a Cat 3208, Cummins ISC and Cat C7. I also work in the construction industry and am around everything from D9 dozers to 500 ton cranes. So diesels are my "hobby" in a way. In a few years I hope to find an Oliver Super 99 tractor with the GM Detroit engine option and eventually a Peterbilt 359 with an 8V92TA engine option.

Anyhoo...I am pleased to be a member of this community and hope to learn alot about my LB7. I'm pretty familiar with the issues this particular truck has...injectors, transfer case, etc. But I can never learn enough. Its stock for now...and will remain that way for the most part.

I've probably already written too much. Thanks for this site!

a5150nut
12-01-2008, 20:01
Welcome to TDP. Much to be found here.

Are you IUOE?

NeilLB7
12-02-2008, 06:06
I'm not a member of the Operating Engineers. Actually...I'm a Civil Engineer. But my employeer is a union shop.

a5150nut
12-02-2008, 22:23
I'm not a member of the Operating Engineers. Actually...I'm a Civil Engineer. But my employeer is a union shop.

Well, we have a few wild members here, but the most of us are civil ! I'm still kinda new to the OE, only 38 years between 12 & 3. Getin to old to ride the iron or climb slopes so I got me an office job, dispatcher. Damn GPS can work a grade setter to death. And they said it would make the job easier. . .Agin, welcome to TDP.

Engineer, lernt how ta spell it, now I are one.