PDA

View Full Version : TTT Mirror Problem

P40murf
12-02-2008, 08:58
I've had the mirrors on my 2003 2500 D/A for 3 years, and I know the truck's curbside view assist must be selected off. per TTT's technician. No problems until recently, when the seats and mirrors would move when the key is inserted, or when the doors are remotely unlocked, depending on the DIC selection. They moved with either DIC selection. Nothing had changed that would have started this that I can recall. To eliminate introducing another possible problem, I set the seat's exit position to be the same as the driving position. After MANY attempts to reset the seat position, it finally stays put. However, the mirrors continue to move every key insertion or remote unlock. I even did the key reprogram steps. Truck or mirror problem? I just remembered that when I was backing recently in a tight spot, a small tree moved the left mirror to the full forward position, without so much as a scratch. If that had stretched a wire in the left mirror, could that have anything to do with the problem? TTT now has a new owner, and that company's tech doesn't have much knowledge at all. Thanks.

P40murf
12-04-2008, 16:26
I just said the heck with it and turned the memory seat off.

Freightliner3
03-14-2009, 18:55
I have the same problem with the stock mirrors.I took it in several times to the dealer.They saw it happen in their shop.GM sent me a letter saying they have a problem.But they have no idea how to fix it. Good Luck!
I plan to buy a set of TTT mirrors soon. So I will assume my problem won't go away.