PDA

View Full Version : taking forever to fuel-up

grassy
12-03-2008, 04:09
When fueling I'm always having to nurse the handle, constantly shutting off.. Not sure if there is an obstruction somewhere in the hose or poor design. On quick observation the hose takes a fairly quick 60 degree turn toward top of tank. Hose length from cap to tank approximately 30".

Anyone had a problem with this??

trbankii
12-03-2008, 06:17
I have that issue with my 6.5 - if you don't turn the nozzle just right so that it is pointed the way that the hose is going the nozzle keeps shutting off. As large as these tanks are, you'd think they would have made it a little bit more user friendly.

Duramaster
12-03-2008, 07:16
Are you filling at an automotive pump or a "BIG TRUCK PUMP?" The larger nozzles dispense too much fuel for the filler to accept the large volumes that the trucks can handle. Does this help? :confused:

trbankii
12-03-2008, 08:25
For me, even the consumer pumps are a problem. The "big rig" pumps are even more of a problem and have to be even more precisely held.

grassy
12-03-2008, 09:34
The inner plastic flex fuel hose had a kink. Appears from a previous repair (poor job) also found ground wire to fuel inlet cut off.. these inner plastic flex hoses are very light gauge and could easily kick when pushing back into larger rubber hose.

Cheers,
Bryan

Duramaster
12-04-2008, 07:17
Good job Grassy!

Mark Rinker
12-04-2008, 07:48
Grassy - why was the fuel inlet repaired? Was the box replaced on the truck at some point?