PDA

View Full Version : Peninsular Diesel warantee

RLAM
05-04-2004, 17:44
dam, I wish I could spell.
Has anyone ever gotten a written warantee from Pen Diesel? I just spent 8K on a new motor and I havent been able to get any paperwork to go with it. No warantee,sales reciept or anything like that. Matt seems hesitant to send anything. Mabe he is just to buisy.May be that I need to go to A M Gen and see if I can get anything from them.
Any Ideas? :confused:

Polar Diesel
05-04-2004, 17:53
I would also be interested in any warrenty info. for future ref.

grape
05-04-2004, 18:57
To stick up for Matt, I really don't know how you can warranty something making 50% more power than was intended. After building race engines for years......you bought it to be a hot rod. No warranty on race parts. If Matt or Jamie warranty any of those high horse deals I think they are nuts.

RLAM
05-05-2004, 08:28
Grape:
Don't get me wrong, Im not knocking Matt. From the getgo, Matt knew that this was not a hot rod aplication. It is a motor home that runs at 14k,lb and I in fact was looking for some more power, but, i feel that if you are building an motor for mass production and sell it to the public, you should have enough faith in your product to stand behind it. I thought that a warantee of some sort would be the norm. Jasper guarantees there junk for a couple years and unlim miles. I know that is mixing apples and oranges however I was under the impression that a far superior motor would ,at least, have something similar.I am not looking forward to any problems with the motor, if half of what I have heard is true but I do have about $16 thousand into the motor and instalation . Mattr is a damned nice guy and I have faith. It is my bank that is a little spookey.

CleviteKid
05-05-2004, 09:29
Jamie and Benny at The Diesel Depot specifically INCLUDED their 2-year, 24,000 mile warranty on the SAA engine, no matter WHAT (Nitrous, Propane, turbo-thingy) I did to it. Either a lot of faith in the product, or overly curious to know what nitrous can do to a naturally aspirated diesel.

Dr. Lee :D

C.K. Piquup
05-05-2004, 17:34
Grape,GM warrants their GM Performance crate engines.Like the Peninsular engines,they are purpose-built from the"ground-up"to be what they are with durability as well as performance in mind.Remember,these engines are primarily produced for marine application,not drag racing,where dependability is a key factor and constant torque required.

slagona
05-06-2004, 07:07
Unless things have changed in the last few years, Peninsular's truck engines are not actually "built" by Peninsular. They receive them with the low compression pistons, high flow injectors, and all the goodies already installed. I presume these come from the "factory" in this condition. They didn't appear to be getting them from a "middleman", but I couldn't say for sure. For the marine applications, they would remove many items and put the marine "kits" on, but the standard engine as received already had all of the high performance items installed, including injection pumps.

Maybe someone from Peninsular could clarify.

C.K. Piquup
05-08-2004, 04:17
I also asked about the warranty(after buying)as well as info such as any specs that differ from original.Also curious about redline.Not just for me,everyone is asking me alot of questions I can`t answer.Matt said maybe he should get something published.So maybe...

Journeydog
05-08-2004, 06:34
I also asked Matt about the warranty (before buying) and he told me that it was one year. When I asked him where I should get the warranty work done, if needed, he said any GM dealer.

Well...the one year sounds right since the GM/AMG/Powrbilt/Delco-Remy arrangement normally warranties these engines for 2/24, but commercial and motorhome applications are only good for 1/12. The "take it to the GM shop" kinda makes me hold my breath and hope that nothing goes bad. I can just see a GM shop saying "it's not our problem".

Although I don't have anything in writing, I have a feeling that Matt will take care of anything serious one way or another. But, I tried many times to pin him down on what's what and never got very far. He really should quantify what he's selling, but then again, I bought one of his engines and more than a few of you have too. Keeping my fingers crossed...