PDA

View Full Version : speedo

olimaxx
12-17-2008, 23:20
my speedo is off by about 10 even with truck off ,,, may have gotten wet.. lots of rain today..

More Power
12-23-2008, 16:40
The speedo is electronic. If the needle is not returning to zero when the truck is stopped, it sounds like a mechanical problem with the needle. The needles can be removed and re-installed, which would correct the 10-mph off situation.... though there may be an underlying problem.

Jim

olimaxx
02-10-2009, 22:06
well this happened to 2x now. both times we had bad rain. i splashed thru a big puddle of water . than my speedo went nuts.. now i talked to my dealer and not under my warranty they want 400 bucks to fix and not yet under lawsuit.. i took dash cover off and pulled four screws out unplugged unit .take clear front cover off. you have to pry clips open. i pulled on pointer off pin and reset to zero. all ok now. checked with gps. my daughter said " dad that happened last time you went thu that big puddle." now heres a thought but need some help. is there a chance that some kinda sensor could be getting wet? please help with the further troubleshooting.feel free to call me. 714-943-7206