PDA

View Full Version : 05 chev manual tranny

maverick_935
12-19-2008, 18:51
Would you buy an 05 chev with a manual tranny?

I am going to look at a truck with 92,000kms on it. i don't mind driving standards I find I have better control over the truck and load with one.

More Power
12-23-2008, 16:36
There have been a number of problems reported for the ZF 6-speed manual transmission. Some of these problems include the original dual-mass flywheel, the pilot bearing and a couple of input shaft problems (probably because of the other problems).

Personally, the Allison has done so well that I'd probably not look at a manual, but I know there are pickup owners who just prefer them.

Jim

crafty
01-06-2009, 10:33
I've had my 6 speed manual for 8 years now and as Jim mentioned I have had the flywheel replaced twice but all has been good for the last 4 years. I'm very happy with it and would buy another if they still offered it. Unfortunately I won't be able to get another truck with a manual shift unless I switch brands.:confused::confused:

madmatt
01-06-2009, 17:31
We have one customer who only drives with a BIG load on and was putting a new flywheel in every 20K,, then he traded for a new one w/ the Allison.