PDA

View Full Version : P400 Install

ak46champ
12-20-2008, 11:47
After Looking at Mike's install of his P400, and the cost of a rebuild I decided to plunge into a P400 myself. I found it very helpful of Mike and his pics for his install. I chose to modify the existing cast aluminum pan and make a few other mods to mine. I will try to post as many pics as possible so others can see the progress. My truck has been down since the beginning of August and I cant wait to get it back running. Thanks to all the members who have helped me out in the past on mods I have done. This forum is the best for those who refuse to let go of the 6.5.
Current project, P400, Racor CCV filter, intercooler, Custom cold air intake.
Brian

I tried to past a pic here but was unable, if anyone could help please let me know. I did however add to my photo album.

Yukon6.2
12-21-2008, 09:42
Hi
As a close nieghbour:),what did a p400 cost landed in Alaska? A ballpark number is fine in case you are selling the truck.
Thanks Thomas

ak46champ
12-21-2008, 11:04
One of the reasons I chose the P400 was because I plan on keeping the truck. I cant get any larger. CC Longbox SRW. The engine itself cost me $6200 and shipping from Ohio to the Port of Anchorage was around $600. All and all I am very happy so far. Rod with WW Williams has been really good with answering any questions I have had.

I pulled the harmonic balancer off last night and am getting ready to install the Fluidamper in its place now. Hoping to have it sitting in the truck by Monday or tuesday.

Brian

ak46champ
12-23-2008, 20:22
Been a little busy lately, but I got the Fluidampr installed, injection pump and gear installed, Amsoil remote filtration adapter and DSG's cooler adapters installed. Took a while to get the oil pick up back from the weld shop. Looks great and fit perfect. Tomorrow I hope to have the pan installed back on, water pump and injectors installed. Slow painful progress. It took about two hours to get the damper installed, had issues with the woodruff key misaligned when we first put it on.
I uploaded pics to my photo album of the pump, adapters and damper.