PDA

View Full Version : Herzog Injectors?

JFerg65
12-28-2008, 19:12
Can anybody tell me about this brand of injector? I'm looking to replace mine, thinking they are original and just turned 155,000 on my Suburban.

From what I've read around here first it sounds like sticking with Bosch may be the safest bet. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

daustin
12-28-2008, 22:58
Those "Herzog" injectors are chinese mfg, i got a set for my truck before i knew any better. Not any better than the 100K mile worn-out injectors i had before. Don't waste your $$, get Bosch and you'll be happy.
Don

JFerg65
12-29-2008, 05:38
Thanks, the blurb about them says Made by Herzog of Germany. Well it sounds like they are from Germany by way of China.

I'll stick with the Bosch, Thanks again.

Robyn
12-29-2008, 06:54
If you have access to a local diesel pump and injector rebuilder you can have yours reworked.

I use a company in Portland Oregon and they do a great job on things for us at reasonable prices.

Far too many of the "online sellers" offer great sounding deals, but the products are junk.

The sellers who advertise here at TDP offer good quality and reliable service.

Good luck

Robyn

97Suburban
01-10-2009, 00:13
I just bought a rebuilt set from a local rebuilder (Penn Diesel harrisburg), they stated rebuilt set or rebuild mine, rebuilding with Bosch tips/nozzles. then I asked about the rest of the unit, and spring and they seem to know, then after leading the witness, they said yes good quality parts for the other half, then asked more to lead the witness and they stated bosch parts and stamped with bosch...? I hope they are correct all bosch parts.

I hope to install them mon eve, then tow toy hauler 7 hours up and back later in the week for a trip.... Price was around $42 per rebuilt injector for a swap out/exchange...

JFerg65
01-10-2009, 06:23
Let me know what you end up with?