PDA

View Full Version : which cylinder is #2 "lly"

04duramaxlly
01-07-2009, 19:42
CAUTION NEWBEE: I had my truck go into limp mode I guess wouldn't go over 45 mph. I got it home about 10 miles in limp mode and got codes "p0202" Fuel injector #2 cylinder control circuit malfunction. "p2149" Fuel injector group B supply voltage circuit open. Is a Fuel injectior control module maybe to blame? Which cylinder is #2 are the Duramax cylinders located the same as the Gas v-8's. what are your thoughts. thanks for your time.

madmatt
01-07-2009, 20:17
probably the connector on the number 2 injector. It's the front injector on the Left (drivers) side.

Rabbler
01-07-2009, 20:21
Cylinder #2 is the driver side front.
The LLY has a known issue with the wiring harness witch causes a poor connection to the (I think) #2 & #7 injectors.

There is a service bulletin and a repair kit available to fix it.
Check with your dealer if you have warranty.

When you get an injector fault the FICM turn off 1/2 the injectors and your truck runs like crap.

04duramaxlly
01-08-2009, 15:10
I cleaned the #2 injector connector let it dry good and put it back together and it runs fine again. It looked like it had a mud residue in it. My dash light for the engine is still on is this normal or do I have to get the code cleared? Thanks for the much need info guys saved me money already.

carco
01-10-2009, 20:27
Had bulletin repair performed on my 04.5lly. Low power, excessive smoke mostly blue/white. Repaired lengthened inj harness primarily #2 and 7 injs i think. Your problem may very well come back unless bulletin performed. bob................