PDA

View Full Version : 40HP Marine Injectors vs. Stock Injector?

97Suburban
01-11-2009, 00:51
So I learned this fad to intall 40HP Marine injectors is WRONG/BAD???
Is this true? Here is what a Diesel shop explained to me::mad::mad::mad:

1. Marine injectors are made for a mechanical fuel pump in a lousy boat, not an Electroinic Injection pump like a DS4 in a 6.5TD vehicle.

2. Marine injecotors will then damage your DS4 IP...

3. Then this will then follow and damage your engine....

4. If you want more horsepower, you MUST purchase High Output injectors, NOT marine injectors!!!

5. If you go with high output injectors, you MUST go with a 4" exhaust or you will raise your EGT's while towing and hills and thus defeat your purpose because you have to back off on pedal...

other blog about junk injecotrs
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=33529

Do you all agree with the above statements?

thank you :)

simon
01-11-2009, 10:34
only # 1 is more or less true, rest is BS.

JohnC
01-12-2009, 13:26
The injector controls the pressure in the injection line, how well the fuel is atomized, and, to a certain extent, the duration of the injection event.

The injection pump controls how much fuel is injected. Only the injection pump can increase the amount of fuel injected.

More Power
01-12-2009, 15:21
I agree with the others here.... Otherwise, it's debatable whether you could shorten the life of the fuel injection pump or damage anything else when using non-stock injectors. Some have theorized that "hi-pop" injectors could accelerate wear of the pump's high-pressure components inside the pump, but who knows for sure. If you already have a set of new non-stock injectors, go ahead and try them.... Be happy. :)

Jim