PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum line from Vacuum Pump

noelb
01-16-2009, 01:04
the Vacuum Pump has died and I am replacing with a new one... Apparently the USA models only use for the Turbo but mine needs it for controlling the vents on the A/Cond.

Mine has a 4mm plastic hose that connects between the Pump and the sensor on the Rocker cover - about 12-13 inches long and I broke mine.:(

It is adapted to a rubber hose at each end.

Does the US 6.5turbo (F) motor have this same plastic hose? If so any ideas on part no. or who stocks the part?

Thanks

Noel

mncguy
01-17-2009, 03:27
sorry i didnt get back to you
try yukon enterprises 035798 9529 there at victoria and are very helpfull and a pleasure to deal with,another member gave me there number but i have lost his details

rhsub
01-19-2009, 01:56
you can replace plastic with rubber hose no problem:), plastic is cheaper and retains shape for GM when its on assembly line
Good luck
Ron

noelb
01-19-2009, 05:29
I found that Mercedes used a lot of 4mm plastic vacuum hose under the bonnet of 101 to 126 models. I bought 1 metre today for about $7.50 and it looks tough enough to do the job.:) I wasn't too sure about rubber and the heat of the exhaust manifold nearby.

Robyn
01-19-2009, 07:11
If you want to make it tough, use some copper tubing (harware store) and push the rubber hose on each end so you can make the connections.

If you really want to make it tough use a length of slightly larger hose that will allow the copper tube to slide all the way though and then allow some extra tube to stick out the ends of the hose to make the connection with the small hose.

Once the tube is inside the hose, you can form things with gentle bends so it will lay as the original did.

The original plastic hose assembly was designed (as was mentioned) to allow for fast assembly at the factory.
These are notorious for cracking over time due to heat and vibration.

I would opt for the hose and or the hose with the tube inside.

Best of luck

Robyn