PDA

View Full Version : hello in here

black_noise
01-18-2009, 13:41
1st post from a new guy.

Got a 1995 GMC 2500 6.5 TD. Auto 4x4

Im just browsing around the forums and learning.

I do have a question on the front bumper, it has the twin squar holes but no fog lights, any ideas on where to find them for less than $50 a side (ebay), or is there a better way to mount them and use an aftermarket light?

Sorry no pics yet

flyag1
01-18-2009, 13:50
1st post from a new guy.

Got a 1995 GMC 2500 6.5 TD. Auto 4x4

Im just browsing around the forums and learning.

I do have a question on the front bumper, it has the twin squar holes but no fog lights, any ideas on where to find them for less than $50 a side (ebay), or is there a better way to mount them and use an aftermarket light?

Sorry no pics yet

Check out this site: www.hidplanet.com Lots of cool stuff and lot of pictures for ideas. Some peps spend big buck on lighting, Haha

JTodd
01-18-2009, 14:35
I do have a question on the front bumper, it has the twin squar holes but no fog lightsIf you look into the holes, you will see (or at least should see) black plastic duct work that directs are from those holes to the radiator. The TD generates a lot of heat and needs the extra holes to help cool. If you tow or plan to leave them open. If you are just cruisin' around, it probably won't hurt to put lights in them.

black_noise
01-18-2009, 14:44
yes I have seen that they are cold air intake holes, but I have seen alot different people selling fog lights for them, they have this wierd bracket to mount them in there, like it mounts to the frame to hang them where the holes are. I know I have seen these truck with the fog lights there

Burning Oil
01-18-2009, 16:13
Some of the Tahoe's had them factory. Might see what the dealer charges.