PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Code PO700 & PO746

STICKFOLK
01-18-2009, 15:53
Question
What does trouble code PO700 & PO746 Mean? Specaly PO746
I have a 2002 HD2500 with a LB7 duramax and a allison trans with 198??? miles on it. The truck is running about 90 hp over stock with a program.I was merging into traffic getting on to the interstate and threw it to the floor from about40 mph and got up to around 85 mph when I thought it was going to shift into high gear when all of a sudden it dropped a gear like you down shifted it to 3rd I think? and the engine revved up and it felt like you hit the brake. After that the service engine light came on. The trans stayed locked into I think 3rd gear until I had to drive it like that for a little while until I had a chance to shut the truck off. Started the truck a little while later and drove like nothing ever happened and the trans worked fine. I scanned the codes and got PO700 & PO746 with a short explanation then I cleared the codes. I was wondering if the extra HP & TORQUE was to much for the stock allison and maybe that was the reason the trans did what it did. I haven't ran my truck hard sense that and normally don't. Any information would be appreciate.

Gary

madmatt
01-18-2009, 19:48
Doesn't sound good. P0746 usually acompanies cooked tranny parts. Fluid Burnt???