PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Biodiesel blend

tim444
01-20-2009, 20:27
Anybody know when Illinois is supposed to switch away from the biodiesel blend? I had the fuel filter problem and GM stuck it too me pretty good, since then I have been running a fuel supplement from summit and put the winter cover on and the message center reads 92% percent left after about a month and a half. Truck seems to be running pretty good just can't wait for better weather and fuel.

tufcj
01-21-2009, 10:49
The Speedway station I fill at advertises 11% bio. I run the PS additive (white bottle) with every tank during the winter. I put a new fuel filter on in the fall (Baldwin), and I haven't had any problems, even in the -20 weather we had last week. Started and ran fine. Mine is a 2003, it doesn't have the fuel filter life display.

I'm not sure when/if they will switch away from it.

Bob
tufcj

redbird2
02-10-2009, 05:56
The former POS governor signed a law few years ago that give the retailers a tax break on sales tax if they sold b11 or greater so unlikely the retailer give a rip about us when they can make a few extra bucks. However some are stepping up and only selling non-Bio in cold weather months. My company recently purchased a large group of Sprinters and you are not to run Bio in them so time will tell what kind of problems that will cause me.

Kennedy
03-05-2009, 07:26
Winter use of bio fuels can be quite tricky. At the very least I would recommend FPPF winter Bio treatment to help with the bio side of things. I've sold a fair bit of the stuff, but haven't really had any feedback. All I can do is assume that it is doing the job as I'm sure I would have heard about it if it wasn't.