PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

scottygard
01-25-2009, 15:22
WHERE CAN I INSTALL MY FUEL PRESSURE SENDER ON MY LLY?

jbplock
01-26-2009, 03:20
What's the purpose of the fuel pressure sender you want to install? Unless you've added a lift pump a stock Duramax is a suction system in front of the injection pump and runs with a vacuum of 2-3 in-hg with a new filter. Pressures after the pump are in excess of 20,000 PSI. Are you possibly referring to a turbo boost sensor?

scottygard
01-26-2009, 16:39
no i put a 3 gauge pod in my truck and thought i would put the fuel pressure gauge in 4 somthin dif. but wasnt havin any luck! guess that would be why if it works off vacuum. i had made an adapter to go in place of the shrader valve but the gauge wouldnt read anything except for when it shifted gearsthere most be pressure present when it defuels. i guess ill find a diff. gauge im not gonna install a lift pump. thanks 4 the info i was at a dead end!!!!!

DmaxMaverick
01-26-2009, 17:30
The schrader valve is a diagnostic port. Also, a good place to install a vacuum/suction gage to monitor fuel filter and pump health (what the dealer uses if for). If you want a gage, install one. You can also use a fitting that goes onto the schrader, instead of replacing it. If the truck goes to the dealer for fuel system problems or service, they'll need it there, anyway. They won't honor a fuel system warranty claim if it's removed.

scottygard
01-26-2009, 19:13
does any one make a gauge that i would b able to know what the VACUUM/SUCTION is at my gauge pod?

DmaxMaverick
01-26-2009, 20:46
Yep. Too many to name, actually. Check out what's available HERE (http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm).