PDA

View Full Version : Latest critter to come home

Robyn
01-25-2009, 21:43
Just had to be responsible, and I hate the Explorer so this is gonna take its place.

RC

trbankii
01-26-2009, 09:53
Ok, we're going to need a timeline and a flow chart to keep up with your automotive purchases there, Missy! :D

DmaxMaverick
01-26-2009, 10:38
Ok, we're going to need a timeline and a flow chart to keep up with your automotive purchases there, Missy! :D

......and a Ouija board!

trbankii
01-26-2009, 11:40
Are you suggesting a pool on what she brings home next!?! :D

Robyn
01-26-2009, 12:49
Yup start your odds pool.

The last toy, The 92 tall rig had but one use and it was not a family rig by any means.

The red and black 91 should be very civilized with the 6.2 in it.
The truck has 3.73 gears with the 700R will be fine for a GROCERY getter.

This big issue with this truck is the interior is like absolute new.

Fully loaded with goodies too.

Currently the 87 diesel Burb I traded the 92 for is on jack stands awaiting some warmer weather so I can yank the tranny and T case and then the engine and the rest of the goodies needed to swap the 6.2

Got a 4911 IP to go with the Banks Turbo setup too :D

The sound deadening pad on the 87 is pristine as are most of the rest of the factory goodies.

A 93 serp drive saved from the Hummer lookalike project will handle the drive duties.
The 87 has a new radiator. :D

The 91 has a 350,has the accessories on the same side as the later diesels with the AC on the RH and the Alt on the LH.

Probably go through the 700 and change some stuff so it does not require any electrical hookups to run the lockup.

Transgo has a new Kit that does this easily.

Stay tuned

Robyn

Robyn
01-26-2009, 12:55
Actually we were looking for an Old style Blazer/Jimmy K5 but those are hard to find and are usually thrashed or if ya find a good one the price is off the charts.

The 91 Burb was a steal. I traded a little plasma cutter unit for it and $200

Looked at several K5's and the last one had the whole RH side wiped off as well as the frame was cracked all out around the steering box.
The interior was ratted out bad and the clown had the gall to ask $1000 for that POS. :eek:

best

rustyk
01-26-2009, 17:35
I'll bet that little guy saw Robyn in a parking lot and followed her home...:D

Robyn
01-27-2009, 08:20
Pied Piper eh??

Hmmm if this be the case, my yard will nunneth over with diesel trucks.

Robyn heads off to the parking lot to look for more

Actually all kidding aside this fine little critter was found snoozing in a cozy corner of craigs list.

Was only about a 40 mile drive over to get it.

The fellow has it all warmed up when I get there.
Now Ya got to understand, I did not give a rip about the engine as long as it would get the truck home.

I get two blocks from the guys house and the thing Hicups and will barely make 30 MPH before it falls flat on its butt :eek:

Some coaxing and nursing out on the highway and finally get it to 50MPH
Two fairly steep grades to pull on the way home but finally it woke up and ran fairly well. (Plugged fuel filter me thinks as anyhting beyond 1/2 throttle and it falls flat.)

Oh well, no biggy now as the fuel tank and system from the 87 diesel will be going into the little critter.

I really did not want to have to call a tow truck half way home. I would have never heard the end of that one :o

There would have been a big pile of crow to eat and much egg distributed across my features :eek:

Back in 04 I bought a failry nice 95 Burb diesel off Ebay. The rig was in SanDiego Cal.

The price was good and the rig looked great.

We flew to SOCAL and met the seller.
The rig is sitting there and looking sweet, before I hand him the final payment I start the truck and let it warm up.

We are making small talk and walking around the rig when all of a sudden, the tail pipe pukes forth tons of white anitfreeze laced smoke and the coolant tank overflows on the ground and runs down the gutter.

The seller turns white and utters several colorful metafores.

I cringed at the thought of what life would have been like had this scene played out an hour or so or even a few minutes later than it did.

The guy hands me back my deposit, runs inside, slams the door and is never to be seen again. :eek:

We are standing on the street in an industrial district about 3 miles from the airport.

I call a cab and back to the airport we go.

The plan had been to visit the SanDiego Zoo for a day and have a liesure drive back North to Oregon over two days.

We get to the airport, no baggage, just a simple day pack, buy two one way tickets home and pay cash.

Guess what folks, we get yanked from the check in lineup and taken to a side room to be inspected and given everything but an anal probe :eek:

With the cash purchase of one way tickets, no luggage and so on , we fit the PROFILE dont ya know.

We were treated politely though and boarded the flight without incident and got home late in the afternoon.

I have vowed to keep my vehicle scrounging activities much closer to home after that mess.

The Burb obviously just blew a head gasket and it picked that time to do it.

Just very happy that we were not half way up the grape vine or so when it went away.

I dont even want to think about the mess that could have been.

As it was we had two airplane rides in one day and a lovely example of airport security in action, Up Close And Personal :rolleyes:

Stay tuned for more adventures of

ON THE DIESEL TRAIL
With
Missy Robyn the diesel Babe

:D:D

Robyn