PDA

View Full Version : Pulling 6.0 PSD

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-27-2009, 00:00
We are in the process of pulling a 2006 6.0 Powerstroke from the junkyard. Almost everything seems to be there. Just wondering if there is anything else worthwhile in pulling off? ECM location? Injection pump or equivalent? Any info would be appreciated.

trbankii
01-27-2009, 06:47
if there is anything else worthwhile in pulling off

Based on what I've heard of the 6.0, there are many that would argue that the 6.0 itself isn't worth pulling off.

Mark Rinker
01-27-2009, 10:18
Don't know the answer to your question, but many of the 6.0L ate turbos, and in the process, ate stuff into the cylinders...I have even heard of intercooler damage from turbo failure... :eek:

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-27-2009, 22:17
Thanks Mark. The turbo was already gone, as well as the rad and intercooler. (Or CAC, whatever you like! :D ) We have basically a long block. I can almost get it to spin completely, but when I hit TDC, I start to either loosen or tighten the balancer bolts. :o
This baby was pulled to re-sell and make some money. Not what you typically find in a junkyard. When me and the buddy got it into the checkout area and told the employee what it was, his response was "how did that make it into the yard?" But we already had it, so to bad for him. $260 for an 06 longblock with exhaust setup is pretty good I think. :rolleyes: Going to be calling some shops tomorrow to figure out some price parameters. The tag on the valve cover advertises 325 bhp at 2,300 and 570 torque at 2,000 along with a prominent "International" tag. Sucker is nice and heavy ( I am guessing around 1,000 lbs?) and I am looking at this thing wondering if I can adapt that nice 9 blade fan to the 6.5?
I offered to trade the junkyard the 6.0 back for one of the Cummins or Duramaxs in the yard, but they declined. :(
Still looking into whether there was anything else worthwhile to pull.

3116biff
01-29-2009, 20:08
Hey which wreckers did you get it from?? Pick an Pull???
Scott

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-30-2009, 00:58
Ya, at the PnP. ECM and a few other things are on it. It's still there, about halfway through the truck section, blue f-350.