PDA

View Full Version : AC60G glow plugs in - and a Question

MTTwister
09-05-2005, 17:35
Got the Glow plugs swapped today. OEM were AC 11's some tested .4 ohms, some .2. New ones ( E-Bay) are made in Italy, but came in the AC60G boxes. Hope I didn't bite the big one.

Question first - On the 2 start-ups I did, I have a small puff of black'ish smoke ( versus the previus larger white cloud. ) Anything to be concerned about?

Now - Install went pretty good, only 1 nasty gash. I followed DP recommendations ( for a change) and Pulled the passenger wheel and undid the down pipe. Easy to reach #'s 2-4-6 - a direct shot. Old plugs were easy to bust loose with a 1/4" drive. I undid the 4 - 6 heat shields first, and was able to snake them down the wire, making access to the connector very easy. #8 I got to from underneath. Fortunately I have "slender" arms.
Start on Passenger side - 11:30am, Passenger side buttoned up - 2pm. ( re-installing down pipe was more of a PITA than the original install.)
Drivers side swap - 1/2 hour max.

I also spent Part if the weekend prepping GMC Haulers trans shifter, and an extended glow switch for the 60's. The switches are in, wire strung, but not fully connected, yet. ( Note - when you wire the resistors on the board, make damn sure you have the orientation right - or you'll get really wierd ohm readings. DAMHIK redface.gif )

And GMC Hauler - re - deployment: Stay safe, and GOD Speed!

GMC Hauler
09-06-2005, 01:53
MTT,

Thanks buddy, I'll be safe out there.

The orientation, at least end to end i.e. turning the resistor backwards or forwards won't matter. The way they are connected is critical.

Are you doing the shift kit, or the TCC lock?

Ohhhh, the extended glow time switch. That would be another good one for the picture trail account.

I'm off to work.

MTTwister
09-06-2005, 05:58
It was the orientation of the whole board - got the 50's and 10's mounted, then when I went to connect the pairs, had the board 180

GMC Hauler
09-06-2005, 15:09
Long ride....